Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hot pink


I don't know about you but I sure am seeing pink everywhere lately, and it's a great thing! The best part about it is that it's all for a great cause: breast cancer awareness.

It seems that more attention is paid to it this year than in years past although some of the same promotions have been around for quite a number of years. The pink Yoplait lids are one of them.

I have some Yoplait yogurt in my refrigerator right now and I'll be sure to mail the lids in to Yoplait. For every one of their pink lids that they receive until December 31st, they will donate 10 cents to the fight against breast cancer. It may not seem like a lot but I believe the minimum donation is $500,000 dollars. Not bad!

Also, Saks 5th Avenue is doing its Key for the Cure T-shirt promotion again and this year's t-shirt was designed by Donna Karan. The t-shirt will be available at Saks later this month but only for a short time. Here's a sneak peek:

Yes, that is Uma Thurman and yes, she could wear a rag and look fabulous. :)

The pink ribbons and pink bracelets are everywhere too.

All that pink inspired me to bake some chocolate cupcakes. What does pink have to do with chocolate cupcakes you ask? Well, the pink frosting of course!




I packed almost 2 dozens to give away and kept a few "extras" at home, which we enjoyed.

My camera doesn't do the pink frosting justice. It was actually vanilla frosting with a couple of drops of red food coloring which gave them a nice soft pink color. They were good, I can tell you that!

You know, most of us women tend to take care of everyone else before ourselves so let's make an effort to be vigilant about monthly self-exams and if a mammogram is recommended, let's not put it off.

I am due for one this year and although I can't say it's something I'm looking forward to, I will get it done. One diagnosis is one too many.

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! May you see lots of pinks everywhere as a reminder for you to take care of yourself.

{hugs}

8 comments:

Linda said...

This is a great reminder Melody. The cupcakes look absolutely scrumptious (and pink just happens to be my favorite color).
We really do have to be diligent about getting mammograms - I just wish some clever person would come up with a better way to do them:-)
Have a blessed week. It is always good to hear from you.

Elena said...

Thanks for this great post! Blessings to you today!

Nanette said...

Hi Melody,
Very nice post. My sister sent me a pink breast cancer awareness bracelet along with one for my daughter and granddaughter. I think it is more prevalent this year too.
Valerie

Susan B said...

Thank you for the reminder, I'm due for one this year too. Your cupcakes look so yummy! Have a great week. :)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so good! I am still 5 years from Mammograms. I am not looking forward to them but know how important they are.

ChaChaneen said...

Melody - thanks so much for your visit yesterday!!! To answer your question about the coffee press - YES!! The taste of your regular coffee goes up another wonderful level! Something about it, the way the coffee grounds swirl around and steep taste just wonderful! And the unit is so EASY to clean!

By the way, I lurve your post. I got for my first mammogram next Wed myself. Take care and have a great day!

Lib said...

What a great reminder!Thanks!
Have A Great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

WendyBee said...

Yup. I agree, great reminder. I had my mammogram a few months ago, and it was easy.
Your cupcakes look sooo yummmmmy.
How fun!
WendyBee